What is Power Apps?
- Is a tool of Microsoft Power Platform to develop applications.
- You can use Power Apps with Power Automate and Power BI to build powerful applications.
- Collection of apps, services, connectors.
- A data platform to build customs apps according to your business needs.
- Custom apps can connect to data platform or online and on-premises data sources such as SharePoint , Excel, Office 365, Dynamics, SQL Server.
- Allows users to build apps without writing code.
- Benefit of using power app is that it allows many data sources in a single app.
Power Apps Components
- Power Apps Home Page (https://make.powerapps.com/)
- Power Apps Studio (https://create.powerapps.com/studio/)
- Power Apps Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/)
- Power Apps Mobile
Power Apps Home Page
- Here you can develop apps from sample apps, templates or blank screen.
Power Apps Studio
- Here you can fully customise your app to meet your business goals.
Power Apps Admin Center
- Plaform to manage your power apps. Define your environments, data connections, manage environment role and data policies.
Data sources, connections, and gateways
- Popular data sources: common data service, sharepoint, sql server, dynamic 365, office 365 users, office 365 outlook, excel, one drive for business, onedrive, dropbox.
- Some connectons allow power apps to read and write data.
- Some cloud services such as salesforce or twitter can be a datasource.
- For on-premises data, you use gateway to provide reliable connection. The gateway will be implemented on a non-premises computer and communicate with power apps.